First Society bottling in 1988.
Situated four miles south of Elgin, it was established during the whisky boom on a site near the Great Northern Railway, in a snug corner, complete in itself, compact and clean. The distillery was designed by Charles Doig, the Father of the Pagoda-roof in the tasteful and appropriate style he was famous for. In 1916 it was bought by Clynelish Distillery, and joined DCL with the latter in 1930. The malt is rare.