First Society bottling in 1990.
Located in Brechin, in the cleft of a hill near the River Esk, this distillery was built in 1825. It changed hands several times and was then bought by Hiram Walker, of Ballantine's fame, in 1954. When Stewart & Son (of Cream of the Barley fame) joined the Hiram Walker/Allied group in 1969 it was licensed to them. It is now under the ownership of Angus Dundee Distillers.