First Society bottling in 1989
The distillery was established in the year of Queen Victorias Diamond Jubilee by the owner of Dailuaine and Talisker distilleries. Its name recalls the Empire and its pagoda roofs are decorated with gilded crowns. It was closed 1899-1955, expanded to four stills in 1965. Allied bought it and re-opened in 1989, though it is now once again silent. It is rare as a single.