First Society bottling in 1992.
This is one of the earliest distilleries and it is possible that whisky was distilled on this site in the 1300s. It has had several owners, and many periods of closure. Rebuilt in 1875, its product was triple-distilled until the 1930s. For five years, in the 1920s, it was owned jointly by J.G.Thomson (of The Vaults) and Charles Mackinlay & Co. Barton Brands of Chicago acquired it in 1971 and closed it in 1984. It re-opened briefly in 1989 under the ownership of Gibson International, but the latter failed and the distillery passed to Loch Lomond Distillery Co Ltd, who demolished it after a fire.