First Society bottling in 1990.
Situated about a mile east of Inverness, on the bank of the Mill Burn, this distillery had a patchy early history, including being converted to a corn mill in 1853. It was owned by Booths, the London gin makers, 1921-37, when they were acquired by DCL. A dramatic fire in 1922 nearly destroyed the distillery, but it was saved with the aid of the Cameron Highlanders. The site is now The Beefeater Distillery Restaurant.