First Society bottling in 1983.
Built by the Greenlees brothers (local farmers) on a remote site overlooking the Sound of Islay at the mouth of the River Margadale. The distillery's name means Mouth of the River in Gaelic. It amalgamated with Glenrothes-Glenlivet distillery to form Highland Distilleries in 1887. The malt is the least peaty of all the Islays and was used exclusively for blending until the late 1970s. Under ownership of Burns Stewart Distillers.